Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 3 - Yellow


OPI Houston We Have A Purple, OPI The "It" Color

Well, you can't say I didn't warn you. Yes, these are my "yellow" nails. And yes, I know they're actually mostly pink. Like most people, I can only pull off yellow in very special circumstances. I especially can't pull it off on my nails.  I've accepted this fact and actually only own two yellow nail polishes (OPI The "It" Color and Ulta3 Citrus). 

I saw this tutorial over on Small Good Things and it lodged in my brain as a way to do a kind of ruffian/jelly/gradient manicure where you can see the different layers of colour building up along the nails. I grabbed my go-to jelly and absolutely loved the way it turned out! I'd planned to add yellow somewhere to this mani, not just because I was doing it for my yellow day, but because I love how these two colours look together! 

6 comments:

  1. This is such a fun and cute mani! I love the gradient and polka dot combo. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that wavy design is very special AND interesting! I hope it will be backed on the back of my head too, now :)
    I totally understand how you feel about yellow? Why is it that you can't stand it?
    I personally hate lemon, and that hatred derived to hating yellow... I have no yellow polish on my stash, and that will last forever, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I don't have anything against yellow in general. I have olive skin and yellow just doesn't like my skin tone, so I basically own nothing yellow! I did however buy a yellow skirt online yesterday. And I love lemons!

      Delete
  3. I love this, such a cool way to do a gradient/ruffian! The colors are great together too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it - what a clever way to use the ruffian style, it looks so different with jelly polish!

    I have a similar thing with orange, except I LOVE orange but when I put it on my nails... well... I look seriously ill!

    Love this mani though, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is great! I love the way it build up! I adoreee jelly polishes!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...